Monday, May 14, 2007

I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!

Yesterday, Mother's Day, was wonderful. I had a list of stuff I wanted done in the yard and we completed alsmost all of it. We had to take down our chain link fence because our neighbor put up a privacy fence and there was a gap between them that had begun to look like a jungle....so no more chain link and the yard looks some bigger! The only complication was my rose bush, it is at least 20 years old and I love it, problem is it was tangled in the fence. I managed to get most of it out without cutting too much and tied it to my new trellis. Love it! The next major project was my flower beds...they go all along the deck and the backside of the house and they were a mess. I hadn't weeded them yet this spring and there were plants that needed to be split and moved and then there was the weeds and Mulch had to be laid down and did I mention the weeds? I hate to weed! I bought mulch that is the color of chocolate, so pretty. The weeds are gone the plants are split and even a few new ones are scattered around and the chocolate mulch is down, it looks so pretty. My last project was filling my pots and hanging baskets and planting my impatients. Two hanging baskets are done, hopefully today I will finish the rest and get the last of my flowers in the ground, it is supposed to rain Tuesday and I want to be done before that happens.
So that is what went on here yesterday, and Iwas able to get this all done because I was served breakfast in bed by my boys. I had scrambled eggs, one of the few things that Taylor can cook, toast and a big piece of CHOCOLATE CAKE, they know me so well! YUM! We got around and went to lunch with my mom and my sister and brother. When we got home the work began, but it was so pretty outside, it made working outside fun! The boys may have a different perspective about the fun part.

What is making me smile today....hanging basket of purple petunias on my deck., the peonies blooming in my backyard, the last slice of dark chocolate layer cake waiting for me on my bar!

Have a great Monday!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs