Sunday, April 29, 2007

Croppin' for a cure was soooo fun!

I can't believe how smooth everything went yeaterday. I mean seriously it did, we had such a great time! Everyone was so encouraging all day and so friendly , the whole atmosphere was great. Katie and I were exhausted at the end of the day but it was so worth it. All the make and takes were well received and I really think everyone enjoyed doing something different. The food was all so good and mostly eaten, next year we will have a better idea about amounts and stuff like that. I could not have pulled this off without Katie and also our Mom, she really helped when we needed her to. Elsie Flannigan stopped by and visited and had her picture taken with anyone who wanted. We had a group of fun scrappers from 2nd Baptist Church and they LOVE Elsie so they were so excited, they all made a LO of their pictures with Elsie before they went home last night, FUN! We were able to raise almost $1500 for the American Diabetes Association and that does not even include what donations we got from area businesses that actually allowed this event to take place, we received about $1600 in donations of food, space, products(cups, napkins, etc..), and manufacturer donations for prizes. We could not have had such an awesome event without our sponsors! THANKS!!
Toaday I am trying to relax and regroup after the crazy fun day! I think I actually have to go shoe shopping for the boys. It is a beautiful day in the ozarks so I think we will get out and enjoy it.
Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Allison Davis said...

That's great that you guys raised that much!! That's got to make you feel good!

Unknown said...

PLEASE let me know if you're going to do this again! : )

xoxo,
Becca

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs