Friday, December 21, 2007

2 Peas Question of the Day.....

What do you like and dislike about the winter season. As I am not a winter person, what I like is not much! I do like my winter jammies, (I could live in them) I actually have more pjs than I do jeans. I like to settle in after the day with a bowl of chilli or homemade chicken noodle soup, neither is asappealing in the summer months. I enjoy watching my boys play basketball, which where we live is a fall/winter sport. Now what do I not like...I do not like the cold! I miss the sunshine. I do not like snow, and no I do not think it is pretty when it is falling. I hate the sloppy mess snow and ice leave behind when they melt.

I do like christmas and the time with family and I guess that that falls into the winter season, so that is a positive about winter. Speaking of Christmas...the presents are wrapped. The boys last day of school is today(yeah)! Tonight we will settle in and watch CHRISTMAS VACATION. Saturday we will celebrate with my family at Katie's house. I will be fun. We are going to open presents first so that the little ones will be in a good mood and then eat dinner. After the kids are settled in with a movie or bed the adults will play games. We are board game junkies, we are competitive with each other and just have a blast when we are togehter. We stay home on Christmas morning and just enjoy the time with the 4 of us. Gregg's Parents will come over for breakfast about 10 and then we will go to his grandma's for the evening. All his cousins and aunts and uncles will be there. This year they are having a chilli cook off between his dad and his siblings, it should be fun and yummy! There will be lots of good food and probably some singing and silliness. We will celebrate with Jon and his family sometime during the next weekend when they are in from Saint Louis. I plan on doing some baking tonight and Saturday, but mostly just enjoying some much needed down time.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs