Monday, November 3, 2008

We are Blessed

I have always been close to my family and to Gregg's parents. We have good friends. When you have things in your life that complicate the normal day it is so nice to have this support system in place. We would have been lost this past week and in the next few without the help of so many people. We have never had to worry about the boys or them getting to where they needed to go. Our families and friends have stepped up and helped us with this and offered moral support as well as prayers.

You know, there have been times that I've thought it would be nice to live somewhere that wasn't quite so close to everyone, not far enough that they couldn't visit, but maybe not so close that they could just stop by. My attitude has changed, not just with the events of the past week, but because I know that not everyone has what I have. I have been able to focus on Gregg this week and getting him well, because I know that the boys are taken care of, if I can't get them a meal prepared someone will, if I can't get them to an activity, someone will. And the boys don't have to be stressed. It's nice.

I hope that I am gracious, and those who help me know how much I appreciate it, because I do. I hope that I never have to wonder what it's like to do it alone. I hope that I can be the kind of person who returns the favor.

So thank you to those who help us everyday. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for us.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You are that person who would always help as well!

the scrappy chic said...

Laura, I can only imagine how much you would help others. I have been going through major adjustment learning to be alone...and it's not always easy. You are very blessed:) Hugs to you guys!

Our Crooked Tree said...

I struggle with this too; being close but wanting to be far. There are so many more benefits to being close. You help so many people so often it is only right that you get some assistance too...but you have to ask for it:) We are here if you EVER need ANYTHING!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs