Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What a GREAT weekend!

Finally the weather cooperated and our schedule cooperated and we went on our first official camping trip of the season! We love to camp...all parts of it , we love the lake, we love the quiet, we love cooking and eating outdoors, the campfire is our favorite time of the day, but just being together and not on a schedule is the best part!

We actually pulled out on Friday night, which is not the norm but we were so anxious we thought what the heck, we may have to put the tents up in the dark but we will deal with that. We didn't have to put the tents up in the dark, in fact we got all set up and a fire started before dark.

After a hearty breakfast the boys fished Saturday morning and I puttered around camp....I like to putter. Then I laid out in the sun and read. I am reading the Janet Evonavich numbers series. I am on 7 and it is possibly my favorite so far..so funny! I was so excited to actually be laying in the sun, it's been a long winter! I may possibly be obsessed with the weather! Anyways after the boys came in and got some lunch we all went back out in the boat where they fished and surprise, surprise, I layed in the sun and read my book. It was so peaceful out on the water, the play boats aren't really out yet and it's too cold for the skiers and jetskiers to be out and about so it was so quiet. The boys caught a few fish, enought o keep their interest peaked!

We packed up Sunday late morning and came on home...it was a good trip.

This week we are working hard to get ready for the crop on Saturday. All the details are falling into place and we are super excited. I hope all goes smoothly and everyone has a great time!

Random thoughts today...Food always tastes better when cooked and eaten outside, no matter what it is! Hearing your children laugh for no reason at all can make even the gloomiest day seem okay!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs