Thursday, October 30, 2008

Drive thru Surgery

Gregg's surgery on Tuesday went well. It was outpatient. I am amazaed at how quickly they send people home after they have been knocked out and operated on! We got to the hospital about 7:30, did some prep things, he went back to surgery at 9:30, was in recovery by 11:30, back in his room by 1:00 and we were in our driveway by 3:00. That is fast and kinda scary, he doesn't remember the drive home, walking into the house or most of the evening after that. I was telling a friend and she said they sent her mom home after her masectomy the same day with a video on how to take care of the site! I understand it is more cost effective to send patients home. But it is so crazy to me that this is what our healthcare system has come to, that we just cycle people through this quickly! Oh well. Gregg is fine and we are trying different positions trying to find the one that is most comfortable to have his face down in. He has to have it down all the time and so far obviously sleeping has been the biggest challenge. I think we have something new figured out for tonight, I am crossing my fingers that it works out and he sleeps well.

1 comments:

Holly said...

WOW! What is the latest on his recovery? What kind of surgery was this....I missed that part.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs