Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

It seems strange to have thankful as the title for this post considering it is about Gregg's impending surgery. But I am thankful. I am thankful for the technology needed to fix his eyes, I am thankful for a doctor that we trust, I am thankful that we have a support system that surrounds us with love, prayers and help with anything we need. Gregg will have the surgery on the 28th, we are both a little nervous about it. I think the surgery itself is relatively routine as far as that goes, but the recovery for Gregg will be at least 3 weeks. I think that more than anything the mental preparation for this is what is taking it's toll on us. Gregg had convinced himself that he was not going to need it, fortunately I did not let myself think tht, so I was more prepared for the decision. Gregg does lots of things really well, stress and changes are not his best thing! Pray that he will be settled with this, pray that all goes well and pray that he does not drive me crazy while he is home with me for three weeks!

On a much happier note and also along the lines of being thankful....I got my new dinning room table today, and I love it!

1 comments:

the scrappy chic said...

Laura, I will be thinking of you guys both.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs