Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dances, basketball and the pumpkin patch...

We had a busy weekend! Both the boys had dances on Friday night. Taylor went to a costume dance, he was the Joker. He decided to kinda be a cross between the new and the old. He looked great and had a fab time I guess. He had bought a ticket for the girl he had called his girlfriend for the past 2 weeks, and planned to meet up with her at the dance. Apparently she didn't like how close he was to some of his female friends at the dance and broke up with him, but in true Taylor, and I thnk 8th grade fashion, he had a new girlfriend by the time we picked him up! Funny stuff!

Tucker on the other hand left the house with his two best buddies. When we picked them up from the dance, they all came back here to spend the night. The first question we asked was, "did you dance with any girls?", and the unanimous answer was NO WAY! Craked us up. Evidently they don't even play slow songs at a 6th grade dance. Probably a good idea!


We got up this morning and head to SPringfield for a basketball game. Tucker and Brandon and their Renegades played a great game. It was really close and could hav egone either way, but they won! They are fun to watch especially when they play hard and do well!

We came home and packed the cooler to head to Campbell Farm. We met the Katie and Scott and the small Frey's as well as Katie's in-laws, and some nieces and nephews on Scott's side, as well as Mom and Rick. We all hung out and enjoyed a really pretty afternoon of hayrides, corn mazes and pony rides. Griffin and the littlier kids got their faces painted by a really cool face painter. We had a firepit reserved to roast hot dogs and make smores. The evening gt a little chilly before we left, but it was an excellent time and everyone had a really good time. I think this is probably going to become a tradition!





Gregg is still fighting this cough. Tonight I went to Walgreens and bought a new product by Alka Seltzer, he has always used their cold medicine that you dissolve in water ant then drink. They now make one that is specifically for a cough. he took one dose already and I am hoping that with one more that he will not cough all night and we can all get soe rest! If this crazy cough does not go away, he won't be able to have the surgery on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like some fun festivities your way! I like all of your fall decorations on your porch.
Good luck to your husband. I hope he improves enough to get the surgery.
I appreciate your comments about the cold air possibly helping Tanner. I have been bundling him up and taking walks int he stroller. People in my neighborhood may think I am a horrible mom for taking him out when it is in the 50s/60s, but he wears a hat and is snug in a blanket. Hopefully the nebulaizer isn't needed for long.

the scrappy chic said...

Looks like fun:) Hope all is well with the surgery this week.

Katie said...

Love the pictures you posted. You are in my prayers and i would make this easier on all of you if I knew how. You and Gregg are strong and can beat this! You are not only my best friend, but a great inspiration to me. I love you!

Our Crooked Tree said...

We swear by that alka seltzer stuff in the winter! Hope he is better soon. Taylor looked awesome! Hearing about his girlfriends is a riot...and scares me. I am surprised you did not see G and B at the farm; they went with Brad's parents at the same time you guys did! The next time you have a game in town let us know; B loves basketball.

gottaluvboyz said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend! Best of luck to Gregg w/ the surgery. Lots of prayers!!!!

Jens Place in Space said...

I was loving your blog, till I saw you were Chiefs fans, and you know what you did to my Broncos lol. Just kidding, love your blog!!!! Love your decorations too!! Jen

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs