Friday, December 5, 2008

Nice Tree....Lots of Sap!!

You either know the quote or you don't! Christmas vacation is my ALL time favorite holiday movie. We watch it at least once between Thanksgiving and Christmas and usually more like 3 or 4 times. We all have our little sayings from the movie and our favorite scenes. No matter what, sap or not, when the tree goes up in the stand at our house, on of us says, "nice tree, lots of sap!" It's a tradition!! Another tradition that is a little more special is unpacking the ornaments. The boys have gotten an ornament from each of their grandma's since they were babies every Christmas. They are all packed away in little boxes that are dated. Gregg's mom even writes a little note with each one, telling why she picked that ornament that year. Like this year she and Gregg's dad taught the boys to play tennis and so she bought each of them a tennis themed ornament. The boys still like to look at all their ornaments and they each hang them on the tree, they have their favorites. Tucker is a huge Batman fan and always has been, so he has a whole collection of Batman ornaments. Taylor has always loved basketball so he has many that represent that. They hang their ornaments on the tree and I fill in with ornaments from my childhood and one's that i have collected over the years. I have some of the balls that hung on my mom's tree when she was a little girl. I love the Christmas tree. I look forward to it each year. It makes me smile!!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I like this new layout...quite different but I really like it!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs