Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long weekend !!

Today is my Friday! We are headed to the lake for the Labor Day weekend Tommorrow! This is an annual trip that we make with Gregg's family every year. His parents rent a couple of condos on the lake and we all hang out and have a great time. The kids love being able to spend so much time with their cousins and play in the pool and the lake. They all love to fish and play on the tube behind the boat. Where we stay has a little dock that we pretty much spend our days on, really fun. This year we are heading over to Celebration City on Friday night, we have season passes and have free passes for guests, so this should be fun. I am just looking forward to relaxing and not worrying about anything for a few days! Hopefully the weather cooperates, sounds like it may be rainy off and on.

Well, Tucker is officailly 12, we celebrated with all the family on Tuesday night and had a great time. He had asked for a stereo for his room, we told him that was more than we spend on birthdays and maybe he could get it for Christmas. We went on Saturday and actually found one very similar to the one he wanted, that actually was in the birthday busget and so he was super surprised! Our windows were shaking Tuesday night as he ENJOYED his gift! It's nice when they are genuinely surprised at something you give them.

Tonight is the kickoff for the American Diabetes Step out for a CUre. This is a walk that we will be doing on October 4. Katie and I had our 2nd annual Crop for a Cure in April to raise money for our team. Right now we are the leaders in donations. The effort to find a cure is of course very close to our hearts, Gregg has delt with this disease since he was 7. It is challenging for him as well as me and the boys and really our whole family. They are making great strides in the research of diabetes and it is our hope that they find a cure in our lifetime! I am excited to go tonight and get energized for the walk and to kickoff the next phase of our fundraising effort.

These are a few older LO that I am just getting around to posting. The one of Taylor is one of my favorites, but he will be 14 in November. The others are of Princess Reese, the girl in our lives!

2 comments:

the scrappy chic said...

Nice pages Laura! I hope you guys have a great time on the lake this weekend. Where do you stay at?

Holly said...

Hey Laura!
Well, I love that you comment on my blog and I'm sorry I'm just now getting to yours. I just don't get a lot done these days! My "to do" list seems to remain the same and I don't get to cross things off like I'm used to doing!

I'm jealous about your weekend for sure!! That sounds like so much fun! The weather is great, so I'm sure you're going to have a great time at the lake!

I like your pages. The "we ride for him" page is my favorite. I love the color scheme. I also love your header!

Tucker is my maiden name, so I love that as a first name. I wanted that to be Tanner's name, but Tobin's best friend took it and Tob just wouldn't name his child the same name as his buddy's kid.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs