Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This and That..


Well, we had a beautiful weekend at the lake. The Weather could not have been more wonderful. It was so nice for a change to go to the lake and actually have SUNSHINE the whole time we were there! The boys had a great time fishing. BY the time we left on Monday they had cought between the four of them almost 200 fish, now bare in mind that some of the fish were about 2 inches long, the largest was a keeper small mouth that Taylor caught, probably about 3 pounds. They jsut fished off the bank and really enjoyed it. We could hardly get them to do anything else. We did manage to pull them away long enough to got to Celebration City on Friday night and we all enjoyed some time in the pools, and laying by the pool reading. I read Nora Roberts, Tribute. It was good.

Todya we are getting lots of rain. We needed it and right no it is nice gentle rain, soaking in!

In honor of My 15th wedding anniversary next week, on the 11th, I thought I would post Layouts between now and then of me and Gregg. Today's is one of my fav's.

The journaling reads..."I never date my brother's friends..."
Summer 1989--I had just graduated from high school. My brother was home on leave from the Navy. This particular summer Braian's friends were hanging around our house all the time. One night Gregg was over and he and I got to visiting and He asked if I wanted to go out sometime. My response was, "I don't dat Brian's friends."

Thanksgiving 1991--I was working in Kansas City and Brian was stationed in Washington State, we both were home for the holiday weekend. Brian and some friends were going out for the night and Brian asked if I wanted to go along, I said no. Later ther night Brian said, "Gregg Parks wants to know if you will just go out with him." I said i would. That night and for the next two years I dated my brother's friend.

September 11, 1993--my wedding day. I married my brother's friend!!

1 comments:

Holly said...

That's a cool story and even cooler that you scrapbooked it!!

Thanks again for the info on Dr. Moore. I feel so much better about having swithed to her now.

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs