Thursday, September 11, 2008

15 YEARS!!!



September 11, 1993 I became Laura Parks! I have said in earlier posts that it does not feel like 15 years, the time has flown by. I remember the morning we got married, it was cool and a little overcast as I got ready, we were having an outside wedding, so I was a little concerned. As the morning progressed the weather did as well and the sun was shinning bright by the time my dad gave me away. We were lucky enough to have both of Gregg's grand mother's and both of my grandfather's present at our wedding, since then we have each lost one. We were surrounded by family and close friends for the day. It wasn't a big wedding, it was simple, which perfectly describes our life. We like the simple things. We love each other and we laugh a lot. We get mad at each other, but we quickly make up. We support each other, and not just when it's going well. We have difficult things that we deal with each day, Gregg's health tops the list, but we do it together. When asked how we make it work these are the things I tell people. Seriously laughter fixes alot, even if you are laughing at each other! You may have heard the expression..."You Might be a redneck if you had a dog in your wedding party", well,we did. Our dog wizard was just about a year old when we got married and yes he was in the wedding, and he was really good through the ceremony! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mrs.Hubbard said...

Congratulations on 15 years!!! That's so inspiring!!!

Mrs.Hubbard said...

Hey Laura... thanks so much for the recipe. I'm going to try it for dinner tomorrow.

Have a great weekend! And, good luck with your Nook U assignments :-)

Ang

the scrappy chic said...

Congrats to you guys!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs