Tuesday, September 23, 2008

She may look like a sea dog...


but she's not! We spent the weekend at Stockton Lake, we camped and fished and just had a great weekend. Saturday we were all out on the boat, Daisy included. It was cloudy and cool when we headed out onto the lake so I had on Capri pants and a t-shirt, not intending at all to get in the water. The sun did come out after we had been on the water for a while and i got kinda hot so I decided to hang my feet off the edge into the water and cool off. Daisy does not like the water, she likes the boat and is perfectly content to lay on the deck and nap. When the boat is in motion we make her wear a life jacket, but when we are sitting still I take it off. We had been in a cove for quite a while so she didn't have her life jacket on. When I decided to hang my feet over, she was on the front deck, she decided to come sit next to me, only she took the faster route over the top cap of the boat. Those of you who know us know how much time Gregg spends washing and waxing the boat and vehicles, needless to say the top cap is very slick. Daisy went in and went under, from where I was I was not convinced that she was going to make it back up on her own and so I jumped in, fully clothed, and the water was not warm! By this time, gregg and the boys are laughing their heads off, Daisy is fine and I am soaked! Are dogs born knowing how to swim? I don't know and i still don't know if she can actually swim. Oh well, I was cooled off and Spent the rest of the afternoon laying in the sun trying to dry out! My camera battery went dead shortly after I took this picture so I have none of the two of us after the trauma, but I can tell you we both needed a nap!

1 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Oh wow...what an adventure!

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs