Friday, September 5, 2008

Football Season, Fall and Falling in Love....

Well Football season is upon us! Last night was the first "real" game of the season. I am not that huge of a fan, I watch, i could take it or leave it, but this is not the consensus at my house. The 3 boys that i live with LOVE football, it begins in August with preseason and the drafting of their Fantasy Football teams, and continues until the final celbration of the superbowl. I know that not everyone agrees, but where I live, by that i mean my house, the Superbowl should be deemed a National Holiday. In my little world Football Food is it's own food group! Oh well, there could be worse things they love! In honor of Kickoff weekend I drug out a coupl of older LO's that feature MY Fans. They are die hard CHIEFS fans, winning or losing they cheer for the Chiefs!! Who do you cheer for?


The last few days it has rained and been chilly and dark, but today the sun is shinning and the air is dry and cool and I can feel Fall coming. We have the windows open on the house and are loving the fresh air! This morning I baked a loaf of poppyseed bread and a loaf of Pumpking bread, so now not only does it feel like fall, but it smells like it as well. I don't know about you, but fall means baking at my house. The summer months it's too hot and I hate to heat the house up with the oven unless I have to, so not a lot of baking gets done. The boys love it, because it means muffins and bread for breakfast, and cookies after school!! What do you like to bake in the fall?

I said in my last post that I would post a LO a day in honor of my 15th anniversary next week. I did not get one posted yesterday, but today I have one. This is one of my favorite ones I have done of Gregg and I. It was for a challenge several years ago to make a top 10 list. I like the picture of us...kinda simple, but that is who we are! I challenge you to make a list of the reasons you love...it could be anyone or anything, it's just kinda fun!My list reads....1.I love that you are my best friend, there is no one I trust more.2. I love that you love the beach as much as I do. There is nothing like sand between your toes. 3. i love how you are with the boys. i see your influence in the choices they make each day. 4. I love that you make me smile when I'm mad at you. Sometimes it makes me more mad, but I still Love that you can do it. 5. I love that in fifty years it will still be you that I go to sleep next to at night and wake up next to each morning.6. I love that you choose to coach the boys ball teams. You could be at the lake, but you choose to be on the field o on the court. 7. I love that you remember our first date as well as I do.8. I love that we laugh together.
9.I love the way you swat me on the rear when you walk past me in the kitchen. 10. I love that you take our life seriously but don't let it make our lives serious.

1 comments:

the scrappy chic said...

I enjoyed reading your list Laura:)

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs